Everything you need to know about insurance basics, like coverage types, limits, cost and more.
Safe Driving in Fog
It’s always a good idea to practice safety when you’re driving, but even more so in foggy conditions. So, crank up the caution and keep these tips in mind the next time fog creeps onto the road ways:
- Turn your lights to low beam so it’s easier for others to see you – high beams aren’t as effective in foggy weather conditions.
- Fog makes it hard to see what’s in front of you, so being able to stop quickly is important. Maintain a slower speed so you’re prepared for any sudden halts.
- Keep a good distance between you and the car in front of you.
- Use the painted lines on the right edge of the road as a guide when fog is really thick – it’ll help you keep course.
- Roll your window down enough to listen for traffic – your ears can hear what your eyes can’t see!
- If you need to make an emergency stop, pull off the road as far as possible. And remember to turn off your lights and take your foot off the brake so you don’t accidently misguide following cars.
- Signal any turns or stop earlier than usual so other drivers are fully aware of your plans.
Overall, the key to safely navigating through the fog is to slow down, allow extra time and make sure you’re as visible as possible. Take these steps to keep your dreams in drive next time you hit the foggy roads.
This article is for informational purposes only and includes information widely available through different sources.
Related Topics: On The Road , Safe Driving , Car Safety