Norton Seal An RV on the Road

Get RV Insurance

Get a Quote
Comprehensive Coverage
Get a Quote

Comprehensive Coverage for RVs and Motorhomes

Having an RV is something you worked hard for! That’s why it’s so important to protect it. Whether it’s on the road or parked in the driveway, comprehensive coverage is one more way to keep your RV protected from the unexpected.

What Is Comprehensive Insurance for RVs and Motorhomes?

Comprehensive coverage provides protection for damage to your camper or motorhome caused by accidents that don’t involve colliding with another vehicle or object (other than animal). For example, if your motorhome was damaged by hail, your comprehensive coverage will help cover the damage.

What Does Comprehensive RV and Motorhome Insurance Cover?

While collision insurance covers damages that result from a collision with another vehicle or object, comprehensive coverage pays for damage caused by a number of other things, including:

  • Collisions with animals
  • Fire or explosions
  • Hail or natural disasters
  • Theft
  • Certain falling objects
  • Floods

Comprehensive Deductible for Camper and Motorhomes

Like the comprehensive insurance on your auto policy, comprehensive insurance for your RV or motorhome usually requires you to pay a deductible before the insurance kicks in. A deductible is a set amount of money you choose when you build your policy that you’ll pay out of pocket before your insurance company pays the remaining cost (up to your policy limit).

Does My State Require Comprehensive Insurance for My RV or Motorhome?

Though most states do require a minimum amount of liability insurance for your RV or motorhome, they don’t require comprehensive insurance. However, usually if you have a loan or if you lease it, your lender requires you to have a certain amount of comprehensive coverage.

If you own your RV, you aren’t required to have this coverage, but it’s still a good idea! It’s one more way to protect your home away from home from the unexpected.

Other Coverages for Your Camper or Motorhome

Understanding your coverage options for your camper or motorhome help you better protect it. Enhance the protection for your recreational vehicle with the following coverages:

Collision coverage. Helps protect you against damage to your camper or motorhome caused by a collision, either with another vehicle or a stationary object, or rollover — whether or not you’re at fault. Learn more about collision coverage for RVs.

Personal property coverage. Provides coverage for the loss of covered personal property contained in, attached to or being used in connection with your camper or motorhome (within 25 feet). $500 coverage is included with your policy, but additional coverage amounts may also be purchased.

Vacation expense allowance. Provided up to $200 for lodging costs if your camper or motorhome becomes uninhabitable while on vacation as a result of damage or destruction from a covered event.

Want to add comprehensive coverage to your RV? Your American Family Insurance agent can help you take care of that. Get in touch with yours today — they’ll help customize your RV policy so it matches your needs.